The Pack spent a great day out at Schiff Scout Reservation in late October 2020. The scouts enjoyed using the archery, slingshot and bb gun ranges. during the outing. Dens worked on their requirements as well. The Webelos den worked on fire building and foil cooking for their Cast Iron Chef Adventure pins. The scouts and their families ended their day with campfire, skits and smores.
Pack 178 is having an open house for all girls and boys in grades K-5 who are interested in joining Cubs Scouts and want to learn more about what we do.
It will be on Tuesday, September 22 2020 held outside at the All Saints Church Parking Lot at 6:00pm.
Please RSVP for this event by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We recently concluded our 2019/2020 scouting year. During this past year, we have had some unique experiences. We had our first girl scout, Juliette L., crossed over to BSA in February. We also did our first online pack meeting where a pediatrician spoke to the scouts about COVID-19, discussed the importance of hand washing and answered many of the scouts questions. A few additional other highlights from this past year.
- The Great Neck Public Library STEM lab had a hands-on class for the scouts how to design spoilers for their pinewood derby cars.
- Pinewood Derby and Carnival Games.
- Safe Kids of Nassau talked about Bike Safety presentations about helmet fitting and hand signals. And a demo on how to repair a bike tire.
- Gaga ball games at December’s pack meeting. A gift from the pack leaders to the scouts.
- Sand’s point camping trip. Created and launched water bottle rockets.
- Scout’s night at the Village Green Ice Rink in January.
- Built personal shields and worked together to build a castle using recycled materials.
- Explored the sounds and sights of nature around them.
- Learned about the benefits of growing fruits and vegetables in their backyard.
- Researched the history of the Great Neck Park District and presented to the Park District’s Board of Commissioners.
- Learned about knife safety from a scout from Troop 10. They carved animals from soap using their new skills.
- Worked together in teams to plan and create carnival games for the pack to enjoy.
- Spent time with the Nassau Kings Wheelchair Basketball team. The scouts learned overcoming obstacles and about how people can push limitations aside.
- Created a time capsule to store memories that they will open in 2028, their senior year in high school.
- Reviewed all the skills they learned during cub scouts as they prepare for BSA Scouts.
We put together a short video of different events throughout the 2019-2020 year.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com
Cub Scout Pack 178 wants to thank everyone aiding the community during the COVD-19 health crisis. We appreciate
the sacrifice that you are making to help those in need.
To our neighbors, friends, teachers and everyone in the Great Neck community, we miss you.